Generate and Regenerate according to the BRL K11007
What is certification ?
We believe solar parks should be well-integrated into the natural landscape. But it’s not only about image – planting lush vegetation around and within solar parks draws CO2 from the air and stores carbon in the soil, thus working against climate change and improving our soils.
The environment which we rely on is in disrepair. The NISP tool focuses on rejuvenating environmental quality, ecosystem health and biodiversity. This can create benefits for soil health, water management, pollinator species, pest resistance and in turn, long-term spill-over benefits for agriculture and public wellbeing.
The needs of local stakeholders deserve attention, that’s why NISP focuses on including and listening to stakeholders throughout the management tool’s process. Should your park ever be challenged in court, a structured stakeholder engagement process could prove invaluable.
The land on solar parks can be shared to create multiple benefits alongside electricity generation. NISP can answer to whatever a particular region is looking for - be that agriculture, agrivoltaics, agroforestry, recreation, bee keeping and so on.
WHAT IS AT STAKE?
We need to move urgently to a future with clean, renewable and self-sufficient energy, and solar parks offer a promising solution to reach these objectives. NISP is the 2.0 for solar developments - offering feasible and desirable land sharing solutions on solar park plots, but there is a lot at stake.
HOW CAN YOU BENEFIT?
We are proud to introduce the NISP certification seal from Kiwa and Leafteasers. The NISP seal is a bold mark for change, helping solar park developers make choices that are better for them, for stakeholders, and for nature. Learn what we can do for your businessHow can you benefit?
Why BRL K11007 certification?
The management tool BRL K11007 (beoordelingsrichtlijn) is packed with best-practise guidelines from science and industry knowledge, all of which sets the standard for quality actions and recognisable impact for the environment.
A certification is the best way of proving your ambition, quality and responsibility to municipalities, locals and other key stakeholders. The NISP tool puts great focus on stakeholder’s views and wishes, to help create projects which are desirable for the local area & its people.
You can set yourself apart from the rest by gaining a certification for the solar parks you develop. What’s more, in this time where more is expected of solar parks, NISP is a wise investment and it gives you the best shot at your solar park going ahead.
News & Projects
NISP GIVES YOU ENERGY
(and much more)
- Be proud of your brand and vision with a stamp of quality on solar development projects and company
- Boost support of your projects: The NISP certfication provides proof to all key stakeholders
- Use the tool to help meet various expectations including Renewable Energy Strategy policies and expectations of municipalities
A Valuable tool
- Not only does the certification represent an added value, but using the management tool brl to gain the certification is very valuable
- Creating solar parks is busy work and there is so much to keep track of. NISP is a convenient tool that helps you keep track of all sorts of requirements, key choices and project progress
We Help By
- Supporting and advising Solar Developers through the process to obtain the NISP certification, ready for audit by Kiwa.
- Providing tailor-made ecological advice to meet requirements throughout the project development, including design choices and maintenance plans.
- Making sure Nature Inclusive is not just a token “hedge”, but living habitats for all sorts of creatures, where soil quality, water management and biodiversity are important considerations.
- Advising regarding the interdisciplinary aspects of the tool –e.g. landscape buffering and stakeholder considerations.
- Engaging and inspiring your stakeholders and network and about your certified nature-inclusive ambitions!